Li-Fi technology is a way to use light to send information, just like Wi-Fi uses radio waves. Instead of sending information through the air with radio waves, Li-Fi uses light waves that travel through the air in a straight line. This means that information is sent and received through light bulbs! This can make the internet faster and more secure.
What you’ll learn?
- What is Li-Fi and how does it work?
- What are the advantages of Li-Fi compared to Wi-Fi?
- How is Li-Fi used in practice?
- What are some potential applications of Li-Fi technology?
- What are the limitations of Li-Fi technology?
- How is Li-Fi technology developing and evolving over time?
- What is the future of Li-Fi technology and how will it impact society?
- 3 Levels in total – Learner, Consumer & Creator
- 3+ Activities
- Full-time access.
- Easy access on mobile and laptops
- Certificate on completion
- No prior Knowledge required
- Interest in learning new concepts
- The Corechamp LiFi Kit is mandatory.
- Basic knowledge of light energy is an advantage.
Who is this course for?
It’s important for school children to learn about Li-Fi technology because it is a growing field that may have a significant impact on the future of technology and communication. Understanding how Li-Fi works and its benefits can help prepare students for potential careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. Additionally, learning about new and developing technologies can help students stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and be more prepared for a rapidly changing world.
About this course
This project can help students understand the basic principles of Li-Fi technology and how it can be used to transmit information. Additionally, it can also teach students about solar energy.
A DIY Li-Fi science project using LED lights, a solar panel, and speakers can demonstrate how information can be transmitted through light. Here’s how it would work: